How To Unlink Facebook From Instagram and How to disconnect Instagram from Facebook
Whenever someone talks about social media, perhaps the first name comes into mind is Facebook. According to Statista, as of 1st quarter of 2019 Facebook has 2,375 million monthly active users worldwide.
Instagram also the fastest growing social media platform and it’s more likely a photo sharing platform now. Facebook has bought Instagram and consistently crafting it.
The parent company Facebook has given an option to link an Instagram account with Facebook. After linking you can share anything on one platform and it will appear in another platform.
You could open an Instagram profile without having a Facebook account but if you have a Facebook account, it will always prompt you to connect the two. In this reason, many people link the two platforms hoping some good.
But after using these features you may want to unlink it. Then you may search for how to unlink Facebook from Instagram. It’s very easy and I will show you in the latter in this article.
What forces to unlink Facebook from Instagram
Facebook also added some features like text-only stories and sharing posts to stories aimed to engage more and more users to its platform. So independently you can do these things as well.
Facebook has been under the spotlight for massive data breaches. People are leaving the platform hoping that their data would be safe on Instagram. Note that Instagram data are also stored in the Facebook server.
This feature helps you find your Facebook friends who are on Instagram. Another thing is many people don’t want to share Instagram posts to their Facebook friend.
Also, read – How to hide WhatsApp chats
How to unlink Facebook from Instagram
If you have connected your Facebook account with your Instagram account then you can disconnect it directly from Instagram.
Follow the below steps
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to your profile and then tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Find the Settings option and tap on it.
- Go to Privacy and Security option.
- If you have connected your Facebook account to your Instagram account, then the Facebook icon should be blue.
- Tap the linked account and, then tap Unlink account.
Also, read – How to send confidential email in Gmail
How to disconnect Instagram from Facebook
Facebook also gives the option to disconnect Instagram from it.
Follow the below steps
- Visit facebook.com on your favorite browser and log in to your account.
- Go to Settings >> Apps and Website and select Instagram. If you have connected a lot of apps to your Facebook account then you may need to select See More option.
- You will find the Remove Instagram option there.
- The “Remove Instagram?” window will appear. If you want to remove all your previous Instagram posts that were automatically posted to Facebook, then check to Delete all your Instagram activities. A then select Remove.
Now you may have got your answer against your query on how to disconnect Facebook from Instagram. After a successful unlink, your Instagram posts will not automatically be posted to Facebook.
As you see, you can do it on both the platform. In the future, you can reconnect it if you want to do so.