How To Send Confidential Email In Gmail
In the age of instant messaging, Gmail stands still. Although the way of communication has changed over the years, Gmail is still a strong choice. Google has been crafting Gmail and adding new features on a regular basis. Do you know how to send confidential email in Gmail?
Gmail’s Confidential Mode was added to the platform back in August 2018. It is designed to give users more privacy and security option in emails. Although this feature is nearly 1 year old, many people don’t use it or don’t know its existence. Google also added a much-awaiting feature, Send Later a few months back.
Confidential mode is available on a desktop, Gmail mobile app. So let’s see how to use it on both of this.
How To Add Page Number In Google Docs (Easy way)
Steps to send confidential email in Gmail
First, let’s see the steps to send confidential emails in Gmail in your browser. Then will see on the Gmail mobile app. Google also described how you can send & open confidential emails.
- Log in to your Gmail account and compose a new email.
- On the bottom of the compose mail windows, you will find a lot of options on the right side of the Send button. You will see a locked clock in that row.
- After clicking the icon, you will see a pop-up. The pop-up will ask you to set the expiration date and passcode. The expiration date decides how long you’d like recipients to have access to the email before it expires.
You can add an extra layer of security by adding the passcode option. A passcode will be texted to the recipient’s phone number to access the email.
A notification will appear showing the date you want to set and the confidential icon. You can also edit it.
Compose your email as usual and select Send.
Also, read – What Is Stock Android? Everything You Want To Know
In the mobile app
The process and steps are almost the same as in the browser. The process is the same for both Android and iOS Gmail app.
- Open your app and compose a new mail
- Tap the three vertical dots appears in the upper right corner of the screen. Then tap “Confidential mode” option.
- You will see the same option as on the browser. In this pop-up set the expiration date and passcode.
- A notification will appear showing the date you have set and the confidential icon. You can also edit it.
- Compose your email as usual and select Send.
Also, read – How To Get Android Device ID
How to open a confidential email in Gmail
After seeing the steps how to send confidential email in Gmail, you may have the curiosity to know how to open a confidential email in Gmail. Let’s see how to open it. The method is the same on the website and mobile apps.
If you’re a Gmail user, open a confidential email is same as you open the regular email on the website or using your mobile app. in case that the sender has set a passcode in order to open the email, then you’ll receive a text message to the linked mobile number (with your Gmail account) containing the necessary code.
If you are not a Gmail user, then a link will appear inside the email. Click on the link. If the sender has set a passcode, then you’ll receive a text message that contains the necessary code. After entering the code you will see the email.
Also, read – What is custom ROM? | Best Custom ROMs For Android
So this is how to send confidential email in Gmail. Emails sent in this format prevents the recipient from forwarding, downloading, copying or printing the message’s contents. This is useful when you are forwarding some important data over email.
However, this feature also has limitations. A receiver can take a screenshot and bypass security restrictions. Be caution when sending any private information over the internet.