dot OS: As we know already Android is open-source in nature. This gives freedom to the Android developers to play with the code and make some custom ROM. As a result, dotOS is here. So let’s see what is dotOS and all these things.
Whats is dotOS?
Whats is dotOS: First thing first. dotOS is also known as Droid On Time OS. It is a Custom Android Firmware completely based on the Android Open Source Project.
It was launched with an aim to provide a good user interface and Optimum performance. dotOS also clocks with good performance and battery life. You can download dotOS from the official site for your device.
Also, read – Prime OS
Let’s some features of this OS.
Optimal charge level alert
Battery performance profiles
Sensor block per-package
Tap to sleep
Bluetooth battery status
Battery icon styles
Battery saver color
Clock & date options
No sim network hide
Disable no sim icon
Network icon customization
Custom carrier label
Berry styles (Light/Dark/Black/Auto)
Volume dialog tweaks
Power menu tweaks
Dynamic navbar color
Custom header images
QS panel footer customization
QS layout editor
Brightness slider customization
Kill the app button in the notification
In-Call vibration options
Toast icon color
Less annoying in-call notifications
Toast text color
Disable fc notifications
Force expanded notifications
Heads up toggle
Heads up stoplist
Heads up timeout
Heads up blacklist
Hide apps from recents
Stock recents customization
Clear all button customization
Recent layout (Stock/Grid/Android Go)
Lockscreen elements visibility
Wake and unlock
Hide status bar
Clock and date options
Double tap to sleep
Ambient display music ticker
Ambient display bottom view (Weather/Battery/None)
FP unlock on boot
Music cover art
Face auto unlock
Custom bottom shortcuts
Disable power menu
Disable qs panel
Three finger screenshot
App circle bar
Screen off animation
Android P animations
QS tile animations
System app remover
Allow untrusted overlays toggle (for Substratum Support)
CPU info overlay
SELinux mode Toggle
Auto keyboard rotation
Disable fullscreen keyboard
Lock screen weather
Weather service settings
Disable safe headset volume
Camera shutter sound
Wake on plug
Launch music App on headset Connection
Also, read – What is Stock Android?
dotOS 3.0 Release
dot OS 3.0: Recently dotOS has released its latest 3.0 version in February 2019 with the latest release of Android 9.0 (Pie). It brings some new and improved features as follows.
Here is a list of features added recently.
- February Security Patches (9.0.0_r33).
- Fresh redesigned Settings Settings UI.
- Supports seamless updates.
- New redesigned OTA manager.
- New boot animation for pie.
- USB Tether Qs Tile.
- Caffeine Tile.
- New dotOS BatteryView.
- Added Call recording feature.
- MicroG support added.
- Added Auto call record feature in the dialer.
- System-wide Themes – Black, Dark, and Light.
- Some dialer app Improvements.
- dotOS Neo Theme.
- Accent Manager – based on Fruity Pebbles.
- UI/UX improvements.
- Added MusicFx.
- Sound tile in QS panel.
- Qs Panel Items Customisations.
- Ability to adjust Qs panel Opacity.
- QStiles Styles.
- StatusBar Clock customizations.
- Updated a few Apps.
- New default wallpaper for pie.
- Ability to change 4G icon instead of LTE.
- Ability to add/remove roaming Indicator.
- Added some new Wallpapers in dot papers.
- Double tap to sleep on Statusbar and lock screen.
- Disable Suggestions on Settings Dashboard.
- Lock screen Clock Widget Fonts.
- Ability to reset Battery Stats.
- Statusbar Battery Customizations.
- Lockscreen Charging Info.
- Switch for disabling Screenshot sound.
- Switch for Wake up screen on Plug.
- Statusbar Network Traffic Display.
- Partial/Full Screenshot feature qs tile.
- Lock screen pattern customizations.
- Lock screen weather display.
- Lockscreen Visualizer Feature.
- Ambient Music ticker.
- Custom Button light customizations
- Battery light customization.
- Sim Manual Provisioning Support.
- Ability to restrict app data/wifi usage.
- Ability to set a ringtone for each sim slot.
- SmartNavigation features.
- Volte icon toggle.
- Supports Turbo Charging.
- Supports Dash Charging.
- Gallery app Improvements with a set of new outline icons.
- 3 finger swipe screenshot gesture.
- Battery Bar on the status bar.
- DocumentUI app Improvements.
- Clock App Improvements.
- Dialer Improvements.
- Contacts app Improvements.
- Browser app redesigned.
Also, read – Fuchsia OS
dotOS is the newest member in this space and quite unknown to the world. As time goes on it will grab more and more user base and gets known by the community.
They have a Telegram group you can join and discuss with the community. As of now it also supports a limited number of devices. In the future, we may expect the number will increase. If you want some different experience you may try this one. Before flashing your device make sure that you have proper knowledge of what you are doing. Happy Flashing.